The all new Jouse 2 is an advanced joystick-operated USB mouse that is controlled with your mouth.
Just move the precision joystick with your mouth, cheek, chin or tongue to shift the mouse cursor wherever you want. The further you move the joystick, the faster the cursor travels. You can perform right-click, left-click and double-click actions with the sip and puff switches built into the Jouse 2 moves the cursor.
The Jouse 2 requires minimal action. The cursor movement is fast, smooth and very accurate, which is great for drawing and playing games.
The Jouse 2 supports four user-selectable versions of Morse Code text input with Dual-tone audio via the sip-and-puff controller.
The Jouse2 will mount to almost any desktop. It also includes mounting options for ancillary equipment such as microphones, switches and Web-cams. Compusult also offers custom Jouse 2 mounting hardware, switch controls, and interfaces for many special needs.
The Jouse 2 comes with two types of mouth pieces; a disposable type for multiple users and a rigid, more comfortable type in two different lengths for full-time users. The Jouse2 comes with 20 disposable mouthpieces, as well as two long and five medium-length permanent mouthpieces.
The Jouse 2 comes with built-in support for two external switches. If the user cannot perform a sip or puff function (e.g., if they're on a respirator), they can use a switch as an alternative.
A saliva filter for enhanced hygiene in additional to the replaceable and washable sip and puff tubes and tube holder. A spare filter unit is also included.
Features and Benefits:
The all new Jouse 2 is based on USB technology. This provides much easier configuration and cross platform compatibility.
- Jouse 2 has been completely redesigned, with fully updated and improved hardware and electronics.
- Includes Compusult's JoyWrite technology, allowing you to enter characters using combinations of sips and puffs, similar to the Jouse 2's built-in Morse Code capability.
- The USB interface makes it truly plug and play and it works on all operating systems and platforms offering USB support.
- With the Jouse 2 nothing is attached to you. You don't have to wear anything just to control your computer.
- The Jouse 2 has accurate tracking combined with extremely smooth operation and dwell cursor capability providing an ideal mouse replacement for drawing or any application requiring fine cursor control.
- All features are provided directly through Jouse 2 electronics. No additional software is required.
- Jouse 2 includes an advanced, infinitely adjustable, articulated 3-joint arm with a single dial lock that mounts easily to almost any desktop.
- The Jouse 2 incorporates mounting options for ancillary equipment such as microphones, switches and Webcams.
- The Jouse 2 operates independently of any other USB, PS/2, or serial mice.
- Supports for one or two external switches and includes 2 types of mouthpieces for sip and puff control.
- No external power supply required, eliminating tangled wires and making it more portable.
- Comes with a two-year return-to-depot warranty and free technical support. Extended warranties are available.
JoyWrite is Compusult's new technology that emulates a computer keyboard. With JoyWrite, your Jouse 2 becomes an even more efficient and effective keyboard/mouse alternative.
JoyWrite lets you quickly enter text and control the text cursor. You can also combine JoyWrite with word prediction/completion software or other writing assistants for even faster and easier text input.
JoyWrite allows you to enter characters using combinations of sips and puffs, similar to the Jouse 2's built-in Morse Code capability. However, JoyWrite is a total keyboard alternative that offers a simpler way to enter characters and gives you full control over the text cursor. It does this by using consistent sip-puff inputs at nine different joystick positions.
When in Morse Code mode, the Jouse 2 interprets your sips and puffs as dots and dashes and then sends the appropriate character to your computer, just as if you typed that letter on your keyboard.
For instance if you wanted to type the letter "a" you would need to "sip" and then "puff" which corresponds to " . (dot)" and "- (dash)".
There is no extra software required to do this, the computer just thinks the Jouse 2 is a standard USB keyboard.
There are four different Morse Code character sets built into the Jouse 2, which can be selected using the appropriate DIP switches on the Jouse 2 control unit. The four different Morse Code character sets include:
Jouse2 Client Testimonials
The following testimonials have been received from actual Jouse 2 users.
"I have been looking for innovative computer technology for the disabled for the past five years. My assistive technology instructor suggested that I investigate the Jouse 2 for an easy to use and efficient mouse device. I couldn't be happier. Now, I feel that I am part of the computer age with state-of-the-art equipment that really works! The people at Compusult are most willing to assist you with set up and any questions you may have. The Jouse 2 has my unqualified recommendation for anyone who needs it. I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread!"
"My name is Joe Anderson and I am a quadriplegic who has been using the Jouse for over 7 years. The improvements made to the Jouse 2 have made it the most user friendly of all of the previous versions: from the serial port to the first generation USB, and now to the second generation USB. The service and the people with whom I have had contact with in the company have given me unparalleled service. Of all of the companies that I have dealt with regarding computer accessibility for the handicapped, Compusult and their Jouse 2 rates above all which allows me the freedom to operate my computer by making available all of the mouse functions without problems."
Katrina is an elementary school student. Below is a sample of her school assignments completed using only the Jouse2 as her computer access method. She uses Keystrokes on-screen keyboard with word prediction, Kurzweil 3000 for Mac, KidPix multimedia program, AppleWorks, and HyperStudio.
Download the Jouse2 brochure in PDF.
PDF files are electronic versions of documents originally designed for print. You'll need (free) software from Adobe Systems, Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.